Kite - A Gilead Company
Cell-Therapy Government Affairs Lead
Following the recent acquisition of Kite Pharma by Gilead Sciences we are excited to be able to leverage the established Gilead infrastructure to bring Kite’s innovative oncology therapies in Germany.
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs.
The EMEA and Germany Government Affairs Team aims to act as a critical link, connecting governments with Gilead science and connecting Gilead with policymakers’ needs and expectations. We strive to be a thought-leading function valued for its analysis, insight and ability to translate our knowledge into meaningful action for the benefit of the business. Our goal is to develop long term partnerships with policymakers, to position Gilead as a preferred partner and contribute to maintaining a coherent and consistent voice as part of our strategy for engaging with governments.
Our vision of success is to foster an environment where governments’ value, reward and support access to Gilead’s innovation to address the unmet needs of patients.
This position, reporting to the Government Affairs Director Germany, will develop, oversee and implement the execution of Kite’s Government Affairs strategy for cell therapy in Germany.
Specific Responsibilities :
- Promote a positive presence for Kite and Gilead amongst key stakeholders focused on the Government, the Parliament and relevant institutional bodies, for the purpose of shaping the policy environment relevant for our cell therapy franchise.
- Develop and implement a GA strategy to 1. position Kite and Gilead as a leader in cell therapy, and a partner and thought leader with governments and 2. enhance and support timely access to Kite innovative medicines. This strategy should be aligned with the Kite and Gilead GA European strategy.
- Work collaboratively with other members of government affairs as well as other Kite and Gilead departments to ensure strategic alignment and well-informed decision-making. Help Kite and Gilead identify opportunities to work with the government to advance its mission.
- Monitor the country’s policy environment with the objective of providing Kite's management with sophisticated information and insights on dealing with developments in the business environment.
- When relevant, recruit and supervise consultants who will support the delivery of our activities. Manage these relationships to ensure effective delivery of projects to time and budget.
- Work as part of the Gilead EMEA and Germany Government Affairs Team to ensure appropriate alignment of German activities to the regional strategy, contribute to the team thinking and initiatives; collaborate and share best practice.
- Ensure communication of relevant information between the EMEA and Germany GA Team and the German Kite Leadership and functional teams.
- Work with academics, think tanks and other though leaders on how to introduce Kite new treatments while respecting the sustainability of the healthcare system
- Contribute positively to the Kite Leadership Team as both a functional expert and a business leader.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Typically requires a BSc or BA degree and with significant prior experience in government, government affairs, public affairs or policy role.
- Must have advanced skills, depth and expertise in government affairs as well as advanced business judgment and analytical skills.
- Extensive experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries preferred. Knowledge of the oncology field and stakeholders preferred.
- Strong relationships with government officials, policy-makers and agencies. Track record of interacting with external stakeholder groups to advance policy goals.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare systems, pricing and reimbursement and key policies relevant to secure access and uptake of highly innovative medicines.
- A demonstrable track record of developing and executing successful campaigns as part of a cross functional team in a matrix organization.
- Self-starter with can-do attitude who can operate independently in a fast-changing environment.
- Excellent strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute on agreed strategies.
- Strong executive presence with ability to communicate with senior officials externally and senior executives internally.
- Sound business judgment and analytical skills, and strong team player.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
läuft aus am