GLOBALG.A.P. c/o FoodPLUS GmbH
(Senior) Public Affairs Manager (m/f/d)
GLOBALG.A.P. is a brand of smart farm assurance solutions developed by FoodPLUS GmbH in Cologne, Germany, with cooperation from producers, retailers, and other stakeholders from across the food industry. These solutions include a range of standards for safe, socially, and environmentally responsible farming practices. The most widely used GLOBALG.A.P. standard is Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA), applicable for fruit and vegetables, aquaculture, floriculture, livestock, and more. This standard also forms the basis for the GGN label: The consumer label for certified, responsible farming and transparency.
For our Public Relations team we are looking for a (Senior) Public Affairs Manager (m/f/d) in full-time (39 hours/week) to start immediately.
- Design and implement the public affair strategy for GLOBALG.A.P. and its GGN consumer label
- Manage and strengthen affiliation with industry and trade associations, multistakeholder initiatives, benchmarking platforms, the donor community, and other organizations (e. g. German Agribusiness Alliance, ISEAL, INA, ITC, and others)
- Represent the company on strategic external conferences and other events
- Pro-actively position the company as the trusted partner for certified responsible farming
- Actively scout for trends in politics and within the NGO sector affecting us
- Collaborate with the Standards & Technical team to develop products and services meeting the needs of the public sector (politics, civil society, NGO, and industry relationships) and as well with Marketing to develop external policy communications
- Degree in political science, communications, agricultural science, or any other related field
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in a management role in corporate affairs, stakeholder engagement, or public affairs
- Confident and used to working in a global environment with diverse groups of stakeholders such as civil society and non-governmental organizations, government agencies and organs, UN entities, intergovernmental agencies, and development aid sectors
- Proficient in English (C1 level), Spanish and/or German is a plus
- Skilled internal and external relationship builder, with the ability to construct and maintain strong networks of policy influence within the industry and governing institutions
- High-level strength in public speaking and presentation
- Integration into a multicultural, diverse team with shared values and the motivation to have a positive impact on the world and our future
- Possibilities to grow professionally and personally by encouraging to take ownership for your working area and by a culture of continuous learning
- Highly flexible approach in working time to ensure an optimum work-life balance
- Free use of local public transport (JobTicket), share in Urban Sports Club fitness program, free coffee, tea, and water
- Central office location in downtown Cologne
If you strive to be part of a purpose-driven organization, we will be happy to read your motivation letter and your CV. Please apply via our online form.
läuft aus am