Head of Public Affairs Germany (m/f/d)
FREE NOW was founded as mytaxi in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. In July 2019, mytaxi rebranded to FREE NOW as part of a global mobility brand family and set itself up as a multiservice mobility provider.
With 14 million passengers and more than 100,000 drivers, FREE NOW is one of the leading ride-hailing providers in Europe. Since February 2019, the service is part of the FREE NOW group, the ride-hailing joint venture of BMW and Daimler.
FREE NOW today works with more than 700 employees in 26 offices and is available in over 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is leading the operational business as CEO Europe of FREE NOW.
More information is available at: www.free-now.com
FREE NOW is looking to recruit a highly motivated, full-time Head of Public Affairs Germany (m/f/d), who will reinforce the PA team and lead the development and implementation of the public policy and regulatory strategy in the German market. You will identify and leverage opportunities to positively position FREE NOW and influence legislative changes at federal and local level with regulators and policy makers.
The candidate is part of the global PA team, reporting into the Global Head of Public Affairs. He/she agrees specific objectives with the Global Head of Public Affairs and the General Manager for Germany in function of the business objectives and the global PA strategy.
- Further expand the public policy and regulatory strategy for Germany in support of the company’s growth strategy
- Together with your team, you will set out and lead FREE NOW’s engagement plans with the federal government, relevant ministries and Bundestag, as well as with governments and authorities and Länder level and with cities;
- Build constructive relationships with regulators and government at federal and local level, with trade associations, think tanks, industry representatives and academics
- Provide strategic regulatory advice to management, as well as broader insight on government policy, regulatory trends, developments from political parties, local government, think-tanks, pressure groups and trade unions.
- Devise and set out strategic political communications campaigns
- Ensure FREE NOW is recognised as the thought leader on the future of on-demand passenger mobility
- As part of the global PA team, you will work with your peers in other capitals and the team in Brussels on topics of common interest and provide support and guidance when specific issues flare up
To accomplish the above, it is important that the successful candidate:
- Is a strong team player who believes in building success collectively, working across teams and departments
- Is educated to degree level or equivalent
- Has a minimum of 15 years’ PA experience, having worked in a government institution, regulatory body, in a corporate role, in a trade association or in PA consulting, preferably in the tech or transport sector;
- Is experienced in developing strategic and effective public affairs campaigns that underpin the company’s business objectives;
- Has excellent oral communications skills and ability to distil complex information into clear messages that will resonate with political and regulatory audiences;
- High quality written skills and practical experience in drafting materials for regulators, senior executives and politicians;
- Outstanding organisational abilities, in particular, the capacity to manage several different work streams at one time, proactively drive work programmes forward and coordinate the involvement of relevant stakeholders;
- Experience managing people;
- Experience with managing the day-to-day relationships with PA agencies;
- Experience managing sensitive reputational issues and/or crises.
What we can offer you?
- Great learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Free online language courses
- Have your birthday off
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, regular team events, a football table and many more
läuft aus am