Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB)
Communications Manager (m/f) for Sustainable Fisheries
The Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB, www.igb-berlin.de) is the largest German institute dealing with freshwater ecology and inland fisheries. It is a member of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (FVB, www.fv-berlin.de) and the Leibniz-Association (www.wgl.de). The FVB manages 8 large research institutes in Berlin that have close links to all three universities in the German capital. IGB offers excellent laboratory and field facilities for interdisciplinary research, large-scale experimental facilities, and long-term research programs and data sets.
The position is available from January, 1, 2019 for up to four years in the research group of Prof. Dr. Robert Arlinghaus (www.ifishman.de). It is as part of a four year project to study the dynamics and management of Baltic Sea northern pike (Esox lucius) in close cooperation with the State Research Institute for Agriculture and Fisheries, Institute of Fisheries in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (Rostock) and with a range of fisheries stakeholders. The position is part of a small project team of 5 people (PI, two postdocs, one PhD student, one communication manager). The working place is either Berlin or Rostock, but spending a significant time in Rostock is expected.
Duties and responsibilities
- Public relations with fisheries stakeholders
- Assisting in developing and management a large-scale marc-recapture study and managing the tag returns through apps and analogue means
- Assistance in project management
- Development and management of the project website and other public outreach
- Managing round tables with stakeholders
- Writing of minutes, communications and other publications as well as provision of presentations
- B.Sc. in biology, agriculture, environmental science, geography, communications and marketing, nature conservation or a related degree
- Proven command of a range of software products relevant to project management, public relations, visualization and communication with stakeholders (e.g., InDesign, GIS, Photo Shop, Typo 3, databases)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and motivate to communicate intensively with stakeholders
- Personal relation and knowledge of recreational fisheries, ideally in coastal areas
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability for spending field time outside home
- Driving license
- German language
The successful candidate will be included in an interdisciplinary, social-ecological working group at the interface of applied and fundamental fish, fisheries and conservation science, and will closely work with members of the group (see www.ifishman.defor details). Salary is paid according to the TVöD (100% position), which includes health insurance and social security. In keeping with the IGB's policy regarding gender equality, female applicants are particularly encouraged. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude are given preferential consideration.
Apply no later than September, 21, 2018.
läuft aus am