Senior Public Affairs Manager EU
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
As Senior Public Affairs Manager you’ll lead our efforts in building a positive reputation among EU stakeholders and represent the interests of Zalando to political decision makers and regulatory audiences on the EU level.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop a strategic positioning and engagement strategy for EU stakeholders that fits our global strategy as a leading online platform. Identify and act upon political and regulatory opportunities to create a competitive advantage for Zalando
- Work as Zalando’s public affairs spokesperson, engage independently with political and regulatory audiences. Build policy alliances and informal networks to advance our objectives.
- Be our early detection system. Monitor, assess, and – in close coordination with our business units – respond to policy and regulatory developments
- Conceptualize, plan and manage projects and events for political stakeholders
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, work experience in EU institutions is an advantage. An entrepreneurial mindset and high motivation to master complex policy challenges under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated strong analytical capabilities. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English. Knowledge of German and/or other EU languages is a plus
- Strong interest and basic knowledge of data protection and privacy issues, consumer protection, platform regulation, and competition policy. A deep understanding of the way technology works and how it affects businesses and society
- Strong political network on the EU level, a track record in successful relationship building and political influencing, and a willingness to dedicate time and effort to broadening and deepening those networks
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Katharina Menzel, email@example.com
läuft aus am