A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: We are seeking a Senior Manager (m/f) Global Policy and external affairs for a global role based in Darmstadt, Germany, within our Healthcare business. There is a continuous need for robust expertise and capacity in Government and Public Affairs (GPA) as government legislation, regulation, policy, and politics play an increasingly important and impactful role on a company’s business operations. In this role, the Senior Manager is an active member of the Global Policy and External Affairs team; has prior experience working within the biopharmaceutical industry and is responsible for assuring a coordinated and consistent communication of public policy positions with relevant external stakeholders. He/she understands substantive policy issues. Furthermore, he/she is responsible for developing relationships with key external stakeholders and increasing our reputation while contributing to the development and successful implementation of the GPA strategy.
Who you are:
- Advanced degree /Masters level education
- 6-8 or more years of experience in policy or government affairs role within the biopharmaceutical industry
- Team player with strategic and global mindset and ability to operate comfortably across different cultures
- Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, policy and political processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills / Fluent in English, other languages (e.g. German) would be a plus
- Domestic and international travel required up to 20%
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com