Government Affairs & Public Policy Senior Manager
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant work experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience managing policy campaigns and strategic outreach on policy advocacy or in a regulatory/government position in national politics.
- Experience with government affairs work on both, Federal and German Laender level, working with initiatives related to media, culture, and the impact of the internet and technology on society and economics.
- Experience in the media and tech industry, and familiarity with internet technologies, new media, and the surrounding policy environments.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self motivated and cross-cultural environment and to manage projects and relationships in multiple countries.
- Effective communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills, with the ability to write and translate complex issues into simple presentations for non-expert audiences.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
Utilizing your experience working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency - you’ll combine your topical background on culture and media industry, media regulation and policy with creativity and intellectual rigor to manage different campaigns and projects. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet policy.
You'll focus on engaging with federal and state governments, regulatory bodies, policy makers, and third-parties in Germany. In addition to this, you'll work closely with various teams both in Germany and internationally to lead the implementation of organizational plans, visits and strategy developments.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Coordinate Google’s government affairs work with federal Government and on German Laender level.
- Develop and lead local public policy campaigns across a range of political issues that impact Google and the Internet, with a focus on culture, privacy and media regulation.
- Represent Google’s interests publicly through interacting with public sector officials, regulatory bodies, governments and other stakeholders, particularly on issues of regional relevance.
- Advise internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
läuft aus am