Intuitive Surgical Deutschland GmbH
Director Government Affairs (m/w/d)
At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As a key member of both Intuitive’s team in the DACH region and the company’s Global Public Affairs team, you will develop, direct and contribute to all facets of Intuitive’s strategy, operation and execution of government and public affairs activities in the DACH region, specifically Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
This includes educating and engaging with policymakers and influencers, government officials, trade associations, advocacy organizations and other key stakeholders within and across the political, policy and healthcare ecosystems in Germany as a primary focus, and additionally in Austria and Switzerland.
You will develop and implement short and long term in-country government affairs strategies that will support Intuitive’s commercial and policy-oriented objectives; promote the company’s government affairs and business positions to relevant policymakers and policymaking bodies; provide counsel to, and work closely with, key business units and partners throughout the organization; and lead engagement and liaise with external stakeholders relevant in the government, policy & public affairs arenas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The position is located in Germany. Specific responsibilities include:
Government Affairs and Public Affairs (m/w/d)
- Develop, implement and execute federal and Länder-level specific life sciences and robotic-assisted surgery related and focused government & public affairs strategies and relevant campaigns, projects and tactics in support of commercial and policy objectives in Germany
- Drive government affairs strategy and efforts in Austria and Switzerland
- Direct and develop the Intuitive Futures Forum, Berlin, our corporate office and platform for political debate and exchange
- Serve as key member of the strategic Global Public Affairs team working across countries to support public policy and government affairs strategies within and across key markets in Europe and globally.
- Drive and maintain policy awareness and alignment across DACH, Austria and Switzerland and within/across each country’s leadership/organization.
- Contribute to/represent Intuitive at key trade /or policy-focused organizations.
- Leadership of/strong engagement in Intuitive’s existing Germany Policy Advisory Board and related workstreams.
- Ensure organizational clarity, assuring that the department’s activities, messages and materials support the achievement of broader public affairs, country-specific, and company-wide goals and policy objectives.
- Attend meetings, events and conferences to represent the company from a government affairs and policy perspective.
- Draft, edit, and approve strategic and project-specific policy-focused messaging and materials (briefing documents, talking points, FAQs, etc.).
- Manage public/government affairs agencies and coordinate with project partners to successfully execute strategic goals.
- Build internal relationships with global executives, country managers, and cross-functional colleagues in areas such as marketing, healthcare economics, and clinical and regulatory affairs to drive and maintain alignment between Global Public Affairs and other business functions.
- Collaborate with other members of the Global Public Affairs team, including government affairs, media relations and advocacy-focused staff in the DACH region and other countries, to leverage national-level efforts and ensure coordination.
Writing and Editing
- Superior speaking and writing skills brought to all tasks, including policy and project-oriented messaging, memos, speeches, talking points and other internal and external documents.
- Rapid response: ability to quickly draft and revise materials.
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas and policies into clear, concise messaging and materials.
- Ability to effectively analyze, write and deliver information and explain, advocate and negotiate
- Strong expertise and experience in Government Affairs, Public Affairs.
- Strong expertise/experience in the healthcare sector/healthcare policy.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on Intuitive’s business landscape, its stakeholders, its mission and impact, and become conversant on our technology and its clinical and economic value.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.) In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
- 12+ years of experience of progressively more responsible, mid-to-senior level government affairs, political or public policy-oriented activity.
- Deep knowledge of German political system; with significant experience in life sciences related/healthcare oriented public policy strategy, implementation and engagement (optimally with respect to healthcare); or significant experience in a similar corporate role.
- Knowledge of, and significant experience in/with the German healthcare policy and reimbursement systems is highly desirable. This includes including previous experience working with the relevant governmental decision-making and self-administrative bodies & understanding of the relevant stakeholders in this field regarding policy development.
- Strong ability to understand, clearly synthesize, and integrate complex issues in presentations, messaging documents and other communication(s) with key senior level internal and external audiences.
- Superior management and organization skills, especially the ability to manage multiple projects, workstreams and stakeholders simultaneously in a global, matrixed environment and across multiple countries.
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects and deadlines and work with colleagues across and multiple time zones.
- Ability to succeed in a highly collaborative, fast-paced and team-oriented business environment, where results are dependent on a deep understanding of our business, the broader policy and health policy landscape, and the ability to identify risks and opportunities.
- University degree required.
- Must be a native German speaker and be fluent in English.
- Ability to travel throughout Germany, Austria and Switzerland, to EU-based meetings and to Intuitive’s Sunnyvale, California headquarters, as required.
- Demonstrated track record of strong advocacy and communications.
- Ability to work independently with a central focus on Germany while also working in coordination with – and across – teams in multiple countries.
- Ability to tailor materials to effectively communicate with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsive and focused on executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a global corporate environment.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist EMEA
Direct: +41 21 821 5772
läuft aus am