Associate Director, Public Policy & Government Affairs (m/f/t/i)
- The Associate Director of Public Policy & Government Affairs evaluates, analyzes, creates,monitors and shapes legal environment and government policies that support BIIB product development, access and uptake in the marketplace.
- Determines those of greatest impact to the market in Germany; ensures that business areas are informed of upcoming legislation, government initiatives and/or policies that may present a threat or opportunity to Germany
- Solicits stakeholder input and feedback on key concerns and issues;
- With stakeholder input, crafts the company advocacy position;
- Advocates on behalf of the company; S/he must develop and maintain relationships with key elected political leaders and their staffs from various political parties, relevant ministry and other government agency officials, and be able to represent BIIB with high level officials.
- Recognition, documentation and reporting of adverse events and technical product complaints to Drug Safety Germany or the responsible service center according to local SOPs.
1. Developing relationships with key political leaders and their staffs from various political parties, relevant ministry, and other senior key health policy administrators/government agency officials to advance national policy goals and corresponding legal environment.
2. Maintains and expands BIIB’s share of voice with key policy makers through continued engagement on priority e.g. Alzheimers Disease legal and policy issues.
3. Ensures that BIIB is able to influence policy outcomes through timely development and execution of proactive policy and advocacy strategies.
4. Working in collaboration with internal stakeholders and functional leadership, including country managing directors, market access, commercial and public affairs.
5. Develops an understanding of key BIIB policy issues in all areas, however with a focus on Alzheimers Disease in order to be able to effectively represent BIIB with government officials, trade associations, and other key constituents as well as leverage internal functional experts as appropriate.
6. Communicates key strategy and drives tactical planning cycle within established Biogen processes, including the integrated product planning process and business reviews.
7. Coordinate with other members of the European Public Policy & Government Affairs function to develop and implement advocacy plans to support Biogen’s business objectives through a pan-European public policy advocacy strategy.
The successful will have regular travel activities to Berlin.
- ideally more than 5 years government and/or government affairs experience
- communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- attention to detail
- work well cross-functional
- fluent in German as well as English
- University Degree required
läuft aus am