Moody's Investors Service, Inc.
Vice President, Government & Public Affairs
Vice President, Government & Public Affairs
This position is in the Government and Public Affairs group (“GPA”) and will have a particular focus on policy developments with respect to data. The preferred candidate will have responsibility for monitoring and analysing global policy developments with respect to data, new technology, and the digital market. While there is a preference for this role to be based in Brussels, there is also the possibility to base the role elsewhere in mainland Europe.
- Formulate Moody's positions on policy and regulatory initiatives around data, new technology, and the digital market
- Identify and analyse key trends in the global data market policy framework
- Identify and draft policy responses to relevant public consultations
- Monitor and analyse developments in, enabling technologies, FinTech and RegTech as it relates to Moody’s
- Analyse and advise management on new regulatory initiatives around data including, storage and use, cyber security, artificial intelligence, “big data”, residency and cloud computing
- Interact with the lines of business to obtain feedback on how proposed reforms could affect Moody's operations and to develop policy positions that are aligned with corporate strategies
- Assist other units in GPA with research, trend analysis and outreach activities
- Help develop and maintain positive relationships with policymakers and regulators
- Expected to represent GPA in meetings inside and outside Moody’s
- Prepare and manage Moody’s appearances before public bodies
- Analyse regulatory and policy frameworks in jurisdictions where Moody's is, or is considering, carrying on business
- Develop and maintain a broad network and strong relationships internally that foster mutual respect, teamwork and results and, as appropriate to the role, externally that fosters targeted levels of connectivity and results
- Provide presentation and training courses to other Moody’s teams
- Lead efforts in identifying and integrating new technologies to create greater efficiencies in day-to-day GPA tasks.
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree in a relevant field is preferred
- Significant post-qualification work experience focused on public policy, regulatory affairs or international relations
- Deep experience and understanding of the digital market, new technologies, and the role, use and storage of data
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High-level of competence in both written and verbal communication in English and at least one of another official language of the European Union.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks under limited supervision
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural and international work environment
- Evidence of dynamic, creative, and thoughtful approach to issues
- Interest in public policy particularly as it relates to financial markets
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively, internally and externally, with the most senior representatives of organisations
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate or manage cross-departmental projects
- Experience in regulatory affairs, public policy and data or credit analytics
Job Req ID
Working at Moody's
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody’s Shared Services are the front line professionals including Finance, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Human Resources, that operationally support our business units. Exceptional Shared Services teams are vital to the international success of our business.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Securities Trading Policy (STP)
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
läuft aus am