Sr. Manager Market Access and Government Affairs
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 10,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life. Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
- Through dialogues and interactions with Institutions, decision-makers, payers and Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Authorities and agencies, the Market Access & Government Affairs role contributes to engage with key stakeholders in France to define the best access pathways within the health care system to benefit patients, building an innovation-friendly business environment with high ethical standards and in partnership with Authorities.
- The role will lead the implementation in Germany of Market Access and Government Affairs regional programs to secure timely patients access and appropriate funding to the innovative products and solutions that Edwards brings to healthcare systems, in close collaboration with Country and Business Managers Leads.
- The role will implement and execute regional and country specific Market Access & Government Affairs programs in alignment with the Business Units imperatives in order to secure patients’ access to Edwards Lifesciences products at optimal conditions, and will ensure early input into regional access strategy and evidence development.
Major Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the external access policy and decision-makers environment and issues which influence how Edwards Business Units operate in Germany, how this environment influences the current and future access and funding landscape,
- Establish, maintain and strengthen a network of contacts with Access Government Agencies, HTA Authorities, Payers and budget-holders
- Contribute to the identification, prioritisation and management of access issues that matter to the business in Germany, in close collaboration with the Country and Business Units Leads,
- Formulating and delivering the optimal reimbursement strategy for each of Edwards Lifesciences current and pipeline products mainly in the cardiac and critical care area
- Coordinating the implementation of the reimbursement action plan with local and European teams and resources,
- Engaging with German authorities to ensure successful implementation of market access strategies, from dossiers submissions to advocacy activities, adapting European value propositions to local requirements
- Developing innovative health economics strategies and projects where necessary with key opinion leaders
- Performing constant monitoring about the changes in the reimbursement environment and conditions for the Edwards Lifesciences portfolio
- Ensure optimal Edwards representation in the local industry organizations.
- Critical for the role is the ability to engage with the Country lead Germany and with the Commercial Business Units leaders and teams to build and execute strategies and plans that represent a measurable advantage for Edwards innovation growth agenda.
- He/She will be member of Edwards Germany Country Leadership Team.
- He/She will be Member of the Regional Market Access, Public Affairs & Communication Country Council
Required Education and Skills:
- Master degree in Science, Health-Economics, Business, Political sciences
- Fluent in German and English
- Ability to relate and network with key stakeholders inside and outside the company and recommends internal as well as external business solutions
- Strong communication skills, oral and written. Aptitude to engage with senior individuals.
- Recognized as an expert in a sub function in the field of Market Access and Government Affairs as well as proven advanced knowledge of health economics, integrated value dossiers
- Ability to lead successfully projects and teams in a local as well as international, fast pace matrix environment.
läuft aus am