THE NEW INSTITUTE
Social Media Editor (m/f/d)
THE NEW INSTITUTE is a mission-driven Institute of Advanced Study and a platform for change. It was founded in response to the urgent ecological, economic and political challenges of our time. THE NEW INSTITUTE is located in Hamburg and will bring together a community of globally concerned thinkers and practitioners from academia, the arts, activism, media, business, and politics to develop powerful visions to fundamentally reshape society.
We are looking for a full–time Social Media Editor to help us establish a new and distinct media presence for THE NEW INSTITUTE. The Social Media Editor will play a key role in conceptualizing and implementing TNI’s social media activities across all relevant channels. Identifying relevant content, turning complex text into effective messages, engaging with social media communities and realizing a coordinated approach vis-à- vis THE NEW INSTITUTE’s fellows is key.
- Creating and preparing content for all social media channels of THE NEW INSTITUTE, namely Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube
- Implementing an overall social media strategy according to the specificities of each channel
- Developing both the storyline as well as posts and stories in close cooperation with the editorial team
- Translating relevant and complex scientific information into accessible information
- Keeping an overview of the social media communication on all channels via Swat.io, including community management
- Developing an engagement strategy and new storytelling formats
- Supporting the editorial team with research on upcoming topics and closely observing and evaluating social media trends
- In-depth familiarity with social media channels and production of audio and video formats such as reels, stories, live videos
- Substantial working experience in the field of social media
- Skills of working with image, motion design and social media tools such as Photoshop, Canva, Adobe, Swat.io
- Communication, editorial and writing skills
- Intellectual curiosity and familiarity with current societal, political and economic debates
- Experience in researching relevant information
- Ideally academic background and journalistic experience
- The work of THE NEW INSTITUTE is interdisciplinary, trans-sectoral and impact-oriented – the experience and qualification of the social media editor should reflect this ambition
- Reliable and independent way of working, be able to react spontaneously and adapt to changing circumstances
- Visual affinity
- Excellent English skills, German skills desirable
The position will be based in Hamburg.
Please email the cover letter “Why THE NEW INSTITUTE?”, certificates, references and résumé in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE NEW INSTITUTE encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
läuft aus am