Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Project manager (m/f/d) International Cooperation for innovation
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Eschborn/Bonn, we are looking for an
Project manager (m/f/d) International Cooperation for innovation.
Field of activity
The International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Centre (ISC3) was set up by GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment and the German Federal Environment Agency to develop and promote Sustainable Chemistry solutions worldwide. The ISC3 promotes Sustainable Chemistry as a holistic approach for research and development as well as for the creation of marketable value that uses environmentally and socially sustainable standards. Delivered at scale, this approach will create new business and job opportunities and unleash the potential of chemistry towards the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals across many sectors and value chains. ISC3 has established a Research & Education Hub at the Leuphana University of Lüneburg and an Innovation Hub at DECHEMA in Frankfurt.
- Coordinate the dialogue and cooperation with the ISC3 Innovation Hub operated by the DECHEMA eV in Frankfurt
- Ensure the quality of the innovation work packages, including financial and managerial aspects and their coherence with the overall ISC3 approach and impacts logic
- Collaborate with the ISC3 Innovation Hub to further develop the action field innovation, co-creating new activities and helping to generate more resources for a long-term support of Sustainable Chemistry and the ISC3 work
- Act as connecting point and door-opener to the knowledge of the GIZ
- Identify synergies and commonalities between the innovation, the research and education fields and the activities of GIZ
- Leverage these synergies and create added value to the action of ISC3 by proposing specific ideas for new projects or collaboration initiatives
- Support the ISC3 Director Science and Innovation to coordinate and strategically lead the work of the field Science and Innovation and the work of the hubs
- Manage selected projects or strategic partnerships in the fields of Science, Innovation and/or capacity development
- University degree in Management, Business or Political Sciences or a comparable degree program
- Several years of professional experience in the field of international cooperation for innovation and private sector development in the international development cooperation
- Sound knowledge and professional experience in the areas of company formation, start-ups, acceleration/incubation and venture capital and in general in promotion and support programs for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and start-ups
- Knowledge and experience in the work of GIZ, its structures, processes, and on-going programs is an asset
- Initial knowledge and interest in Sustainable and Green Chemistry, clean technologies, and circular/green economy
- Team player with an intercultural mindset, strong communicative skills, and a confident demeanour in a fast-paced working environment
- Knowledgeable and confident in agile and lean methods for collaboration as well as proficient in digital remote work and collaboration
- Fluent English and ideally German and Spanish skills
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 07/22/2021.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=56238
You can find this job under the Job-ID V000045680.
läuft aus am