Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Manager Political Affairs (f/m/d)
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is an aviation company with operations worldwide. In the financial year 2018, it generated revenue of EUR 35.8bn and employed an average of 134,440 staff. Deutsche Lufthansa AG is organized in the business segments Network Airlines, Point-to-Point Airlines, Aviation Services (comprising the segments Logistics, MRO and Catering), and Additional Businesses and Group Functions.
The Policy Officer for EU Affairs represents the interests of the Lufthansa Group vis-à-vis the EU institutions and promotes understanding of the issues affecting aviation and the Lufthansa Group among the relevant authorities.
Create your future here!
Your responsibilities and duties may include the following:
- Building and maintaining a political network
- Monitoring of legislative processes in the EU Parliament and EU; Council analysis and political assessment.
- Development and implementation of lobbying strategies and position papers together with the relevant departments of the Group companies.
- Independent representation of Group interests vis-à-vis institutions, associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
- Participation in political events.
- Briefings and speeches for the company management.
* Other duties as assigned or required.
The ideal Policy Officer for EU Affairs Expert should meet the following requirements:
- Completed university studies in political science or law or EU Studies.
- At least four years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
- Interest in political and economic developments, especially in the field of aviation.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking; systematic way of working. Ability to work in an interdisciplinary manner; ability to deal with conflict and compromise.
- Experience in association work; experience with LH Group operations a plus.
- Communicative, team-oriented, flexible, independent and resilient personality; diplomatic skills; intercultural competence.
- Fluent German and English as well as good French language skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to travel frequently.
*CV and Cover Letter submission required.
*Must possess a legal work permit in the country of employment.
läuft aus am